Vecchio Municipio, the story

The present day Vecchio Municipio Hotel (Old Town Hall) is historically rooted in the town of San Pietro di

IMG_1245It was inaugurated in 1815 as town hall of San Pietro di Barbozza, Santo Stefano and Guia. The Post Office was located on the ground floor and the upper floor was the Podestà residence.

Seriously damaged during the First World War, the building was renovated and on the 14th May 1924, the honorary citizenship was given to Benito Mussolini.

Later, from 1929 to 1975, the building became an elementary school and many local people still recall their days in the San Pietro classrooms.


The Province reclaimed ownership in the years that followed until the decision was made to auction the building in 2000.

An extensive renovation project ensured that this building was returned to its former glory and on the 18th April 2003, the Hotel Vecchio Municipio was opened. A new era in this buildings varied history had begun.